Properties of tempered glass:
1. 5 times harder than ordinary float glass, stronger resistance to thermal breakage than annealed or heat strengthened glass.
2. Once breakage occurs, the glass disintegrates into small cubical fragments, which are relatively harmless to human body.
3. It withstands abrupt temperature change of 220 Centigrade.
4. Sizes are produced as per customer request. Once tempered, it can not be cut down.
Considering the characteristics of tempered glass, glass size should be confirmed before making production. Once tempered glass size is confirmed, tempered glass can not be made mechanical treatment any more, otherwise, it will be broken. If breakage occurs the glass breaks up into small, cubical fragments, which are not threatening to humans.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Bulletproof glass structure
- Basic classification of bulletproof...
- Protection principle of bulletproof...
- Bullet proof glass main performance
- Bulletproof glass production capaci...
- Hollow glass structure
- Principle of insulating glass
- Characteristics of insulating glass
- The main purpose of insulating glass
- Key points of insulating glass design
- Features of 3-25mm tempered glass f...
- Types of glass curtain wall
- Definition of sandwich glass
- Application of laminated sandwich g...
- Normal specification of laminated s...
- Competitive Advantage of laminated ...
- Features of Sandwich glass
- Optical parameters of thin glass fo...
- What's Greenhouse Glass?
- Greenhouse Glass Characteristics