What is better, a high or low shading coefficient?
In colder, heating-dominated climates such as Canada or the northern United States, windows with higher shading coefficients generally are preferred and conserve energy due to the fact that in the longer heating season, more solar radiation, which becomes “free” heat, is allowed to pass into a home.
In the south, with a long air-conditioning season, it is most important to reduce solar gain and therefore reduce air conditioning loads.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Bulletproof glass structure
- Basic classification of bulletproof...
- Protection principle of bulletproof...
- Bullet proof glass main performance
- Bulletproof glass production capaci...
- Hollow glass structure
- Principle of insulating glass
- Characteristics of insulating glass
- The main purpose of insulating glass
- Key points of insulating glass design
- Similarity between heat strengthene...
- differences between heat strengthen...
- potential reason for spontaneous gl...
- Main Characteristics of float glass
- FAQ from our customers
- Specification for picture frame glass
- glass cleaning maintenance tips
- Why we buy display cabinets?
- The main feature separating most co...
- benefits of using glass showcases